County map of North Carolina. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title County map of North Carolina.
- Alternate Title Map of South Carolina.
- Alternate Title County map of Florida.
Author: Mitchell, S. Augustus, Jr. (Samuel Augustus)Creator Type: Personal
Name: S. Augustus Mitchell, Jr.Place of Publication: [Philadelphia]
- Creation: 1860
- Content Description: Maps show mid-nineteenth century North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida counties, railroads, cities, towns, mineral resources, mining activity, military posts, swamps, and canals. Inset: "Map of Charleston Harbor." Relief shown by hachures. Scales [ca. 1: 2,800,000], [ca. 1: 2,530,000], and [ca. 1: 3,530,000].
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet 39 x 32 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Counties -- North Carolina -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Counties -- South Carolina -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Counties -- Florida -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1860
- Place Name: United States - North Carolina
- Place Name: United States - South Carolina
- Place Name: United States - Florida
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 2012-1131
- OCLC: 808514899
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth298510
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: In right upper margin: 35; near titles: 33 [N.C. map]; 34 [S.C. map].