The Burro, Yearbook of Mineral Wells High School, 1922 Page: 24
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
TOAST TO THE SOPHS
Here's to the Sophs, fellows;
They have their ups and downs,
But the greatest part about them, fellows,
They always smile and never are known to frown.
Soon we'll be on our way, fellows,
For many a weary day-
But we'll remember the Sophs, fellows,
And fight every inch of the way.
1. Always live up to thy name, at school, in society, ye Sophomores!
2. Thou shalt not look upon the Fish with any feeling of condescension.
S3. Thou shalt always respect the Seniors and give them first place in all
4. Thou shalt not flunk in any subject.
5. Thou shalt be servants unto the worthy Juniors.
6. Thou shalt ever work in the paths of righteousness, for the path to
graduation is narrow.
7. Thou shalt not "cut any capers" in the study hall for the principal's
punishment endureth forever.
8. Be ye loyal to M. W. High, for that is the name given ye Sophs.
9. Be ye active in school activities and complete everything you under-
10. Be ye loyal to the football squad and boost the "pep" meetings.
11. Heed these commandments, Sophomore, for these give you the key to
S..... 2 2 -
Here’s what’s next.
This yearbook can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Yearbook.
Mineral Wells High School (Mineral Wells, Tex.). The Burro, Yearbook of Mineral Wells High School, 1922, yearbook, 1922; Mineral Wells, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth299181/m1/28/: accessed May 27, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Mineral Wells Heritage Association.