[Sugar Cane Mill] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Sugar Cane Mill]
- Series Title 8th Annual Texas Folklife Festival
Photographer: Smith, JimCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: [1979-08-02..1979-08-05]
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of the horse-powered sugar cane mill at the Texas Folklife Festival in San Antonio, Texas. A white horse harnessed to a log pole is walking around in a circle to move the grinding mechanism at the center. Two men are standing at the grinder while another man is following the horse.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : positive, col. ; 4 x 5 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Customs - Celebrations
- Keyword: festivals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Fairs and Exhibitions
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Domestic Animals - Horses
- Keyword: sugar cane mills
- Keyword: horse mills
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Bexar County - San Antonio
- Start Date: 1979-08-02
- End Date: 1979-08-05
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Texas Cultures OnlineCode: TCO
Name: Institute of Texan Cultures Texas Folklife Festival CollectionCode: TFFC
Name: University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries Special CollectionsCode: ITC
- Accession or Local Control No: ITC_TFF79-C96