Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas

Description

Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection. On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible. On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and ...

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1988.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas History Collection and was provided by Richardson Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 1159 times , with 8 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Richardson Public Library

The Richardson Public Library collection features images of early settlers, local farms, and businesses, including Texas Instruments.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection.
On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible.
On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and buildings along Central Expressway.

Notes

This photograph is taken at nearly the same location as the 1927 photograph.

Subjects

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

  • Accession or Local Control No: RPLv005a
  • Accession or Local Control No: Folder V 5a
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth3066

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas History Collection

Drawn from collections at the UNT Libraries and various partners, these materials about Texas history include artifacts, books, documents, manuscripts, photographs, maps, letters, and more.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1988

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 10, 2005, 3:29 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 18, 2009, 2:31 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 8
Total Uses: 1,159

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas, photograph, 1988; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3066/: accessed October 1, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Richardson Public Library.