Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Description

Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. On the right is the First United Methodist Church, which was built in 1898. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the ...

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. May 5, 1927.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas History Collection and was provided by Richardson Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 2540 times , with 37 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

Richardson Public Library

The Richardson Public Library collection features images of early settlers, local farms, and businesses, including Texas Instruments.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street.
In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. On the right is the First United Methodist Church, which was built in 1898. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave.
In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.

Notes

Written on Front of Photograph: Richardson, Texas. May 5- 1927.
Photo likely taken on same day as: RPLv003g, Main Street, Elevated View.

Subjects

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

  • Accession or Local Control No: RPLv005
  • Accession or Local Control No: Folder V 5
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth3067

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas History Collection

Drawn from collections at the UNT Libraries and various partners, these materials about Texas history include artifacts, books, documents, manuscripts, photographs, maps, letters, and more.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • May 5, 1927

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 10, 2005, 3:29 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Dec. 23, 2015, 7:51 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 37
Total Uses: 2,540

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas, photograph, May 5, 1927; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3067/: accessed August 24, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Richardson Public Library.