Mrs. Pierce's Jitney Service Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Mrs. Pierce's Jitney Service
- Creation: 1915~
- Digitized: 2005-05-31
- No Language
- Content Description: Before Irving received bus service, one of the ways to travel to downtown Dallas was on one of the local jitney services. Mrs. B. L. Pierce operated a jitney service from Irving to Dallas and back. Here she poses with some of her customers, c. 1915.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : sepia ; 3.5 x 5 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Travel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Automobiles
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Irving
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1915~
Name: O.D. and Estelle Bates CollectionCode: OEB
Name: Irving ArchivesCode: IPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 7-63
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth3246