The 2011 Mileage-Based User Fee Symposium Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The 2011 Mileage-Based User Fee Symposium
- Added Title Mileage-based user fee symposium
- Series Title University Transportation Center for Mobility series (Tex.)
Author: Goodin, GingerCreator Type: Personal
Author: Wood, NicholasCreator Type: Personal
Baker, Richard T.
Contributor: Texas Transportation Institute. University Transportation Center for Mobility.Contributor Type: Organization
Contributor: United States. Department of Transportation. Research and Innovative Technology Administration.Contributor Type: Organization
Contributor: University Transportation Centers Program (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Texas Transportation Institute. University Transportation Center for Mobility.Place of Publication: College Station, TexasAdditional Info: University Transportation Center for Mobility, Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A & M University System
- Creation: 2011-09
- Content Description: The fuel tax is rapidly losing its ability to support system needs. Federal environmental regulations and the escalating price of fossil fuels have created a strong incentive to develop and utilize more fuel-efficient vehicles, which will drive down fuel tax revenues relative to use of the nation's roadway network. Given the challenges associated with the declining sustainability of the fuel tax, the likely successor is a road user fee largely based on actual usage. This project sponsored the third annual two-day Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees that brought together professionals in the field of mileage-based fees for the purpose of sharing information on current applications and exploring their potential as a supplement or replacement for the fuel tax.
- Physical Description: 41 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: User charges -- United States -- Congresses.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Roads -- United States -- Finance -- Congresses.
- Keyword: mileage-based user fees
- Keyword: distance-based fees
- Keyword: road user fees
- Keyword: fuel taxes
- Keyword: mileage
- Keyword: user charges
- Keyword: fossil fuels
- Keyword: fuel efficient cars
- Keyword: revenues
- Keyword: fees
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Taxes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 2010-09
- End Date: 2010-08
Name: Texas State PublicationsCode: TXPUB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: txcs-0040
- OCLC: 770726497
- TxDoc Number: Z TA505.7 M713 NO.11-00-64
- Report No.: 11-00-64
- Display Note: "Supported by a grant from the US Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers PRogram"--Technical rept. documentation p.
- Display Note: "September 2011."
- Display Note: Includes bibliographical references (p. 10). $b 7