[J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy]
- Added Title Railroad Survey Crew Leader J. O. Schulze with a Fox Puppy, c. 1902
- Creation: 1902~
- Digitized: 2005-05-31
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of J. O. Schulze, the leader of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew, playing with the crew's pet fox, c. 1902. He is sitting on the ground outside of a tent and has the fox in his lap. The crew worked in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. In Texas, they worked a stretch of line between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. J. O. Schulze and Otis Brown, another crew member, remained behind and established the town of Irving along the tracks between Dallas and Fort Worth in 1903.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 4.75 x 3.75 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Wildlife
- Named Person: Schulze, J. O.
- Keyword: foxes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Irving
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1902~
Name: Charles and Catherine Schulze CollectionCode: CCS
Name: Irving ArchivesCode: IPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 31-02