[George and Richard Jowell]

Description

Photograph of two boys on horse-back. The text under the photo reads: "George and Richard Jowell, sons of Rat Jowell, riding "Pete" and "Bill" on Jowell and Jowell Ranch, July 8, 1916."

Physical Description

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 6 x 7 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. July 8, 1916.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection and one other and was provided by Deaf Smith County Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 181 times , with 16 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Named Persons

People who are significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Deaf Smith County Library

Located in the western Texas Panhandle, the Deaf Smith County Library serves the people of Hereford and the surrounding area. From its early start as a small room in the Hereford Bank in 1910 to its current role as a technological and education center, the library has continued to uphold its mission to provide access and promote learning in the community.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of two boys on horse-back. The text under the photo reads: "George and Richard Jowell, sons of Rat Jowell, riding "Pete" and "Bill" on Jowell and Jowell Ranch, July 8, 1916."

Physical Description

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 6 x 7 cm.

Subjects

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collections of related materials.

Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection

Photographer Bill Bradly documented the people and businesses of the Deaf Smith County area and created preservation negatives of historic photographs, later donated by the Bradly family. This collection illustrates Texas's cattle and farming tradition. Funding was provided in part by Humanities Texas, the state partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Humanities Texas Grant

Since 1974, this grant has enabled communities develop local programs to promote heritage, culture, and education. This collection includes historical photographs, letters, and documents relevant to Texas history. More than 2,500 grants have been issued supporting a wide range of programs, including oral history projects, lectures, museum exhibits, and more.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • July 8, 1916

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • June 16, 2005, 2:05 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 8, 2013, 9:43 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 16
Total Uses: 181

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[George and Richard Jowell], photograph, July 8, 1916; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3437/: accessed February 25, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Deaf Smith County Library.