What Kind of Hearers Are You? Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title What Kind of Hearers Are You?
- Series Title G. Dallas Smith Collection
- Creation: [1900..1960]
- Content Description: A bed sheet with text and/or artwork used as a visual aid to a preacher's sermon. In this particular sermon chart, using green-lettered descriptors or phrases set off against purple Bible citations, the preacher organizes a series of examples from across the Biblical canon. Beginning with Adam, Cain and the Flood, he proceeds to Jesus' parables with additional examples from the Hebrew Bible (Balaam and Naaman). The right column is shaded in a hortatory tone, moving through numerous examples to an emphatic conclusion. The preacher having stated the facts clearly and citing James 4:17 (To one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin), asks "Do You Know Your Duty?"
- Physical Description: 1 art original : Cotton with hemmed and/or pinked edges to prevent fraying ; 35 in. (88.9 cm) x 79 in. (200.6 cm)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Churches of Christ -- History -- 20th century.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Preaching -- United States -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Church of Christ
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Paintings
- Keyword: religious sermons
- Keyword: illustrations
- Keyword: Biblical references
- Keyword: Bible verses
- Keyword: sermon charts
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Abilene Christian University Sermon ChartsCode: ABCUSC
Name: Abilene Library ConsortiumCode: ABCM
Name: Abilene Christian University LibraryCode: ACUL
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth347050