[The Christian Tabernacle] Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title [The Christian Tabernacle]

Creator

  • Photographer: J.C. Watkins Photography
    Creator Type: Organization
    Creator Info: Located in Port Arthur, Texas

Date

  • Creation: 1904
  • Digitized: 2007-11-28

Language

  • English

Description

  • Content Description: Photograph of the First Christian Church charter members in front of the building known as the "Christian Tabernacle". The Reverend H.M. Polsgrove is sixth from the left on front row. He served the First Christian Church in Port Arthur, 1908-1911. This building was constructed in 1905 at 700 Fifth Street. It was removed in 1912 to make room for the new brick structure which was completed in 1915. Other ministers who served in the Tabernacle were Reverend Tolbert Weaver, and Reverend C.F. Pearce.
  • Physical Description: 1 photograph, b & w ; 5 in. x 7 in.

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Jefferson County
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion
  • Keyword: First Christian Church
  • Keyword: Christian Tabernacles

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Place Name: United States - Texas - Jefferson County - Port Arthur
  • Time Period: new-sou

Collection

  • Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
    Code: SG07

Institution

  • Name: First Christian Church of Port Arthur
    Code: FCPA

Resource Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: FCCPA_0057

Note

  • Display Note: "7" x 5" b/w image. Charter members, 1904, First Christian Church, Port Arthur, Texas. Building known as : "Christian Tabernacle". The Reverend H.M. Polsgrove is sixth from the left on front row. He served FCC, Port Arthur, 1908-1911. This building constructed 1905 at 700 Fifth Street. It was removed 1912 to make room for new brick structure which was completed in 1915. Other ministers who served in the Tabernacle were The Reverend Tolbert Weaver, and Reverend C.F. Pearce."
  • Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo