Documents pertaining to the case of Howeth vs. Mills, et al., cause no. 132, 1855-1856 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Documents pertaining to the case of Howeth vs. Mills, et al., cause no. 132, 1855-1856
Compiler: Gray, W. M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Clerk, District Court, Henderson County
- Creation: 1855-05-14/1856-11-11
- Digitized: 2008-02
- Content Description: Documents pertaining to the case of Howeth vs. Mills, et al. include copies of the initial judgement in the case of Mills & Jockush vs. Walton & Tuggle which took place in Galveston County as well as the motion for a new trial. The documents pertsaining to the resulting case in Henderson County include (but are not limited to) supoenas and citations for summons of persons involved on both sides of the case, exceptions and answers from the defendant (and a later, amended answer), writs of injunction, bonds, a motion to perpetrate injunction, a motion to instruct the jury, a motion to enter evidence for the plaintiff, and a statement to the jury. Documents were submitted to the District Court of Henderson County and filed by the clerk.
- Physical Description: 29 documents, folded, in a tie box 23 x 10 cm. 26 documents are handwritten in ink on paper; 3 documents are handwritten in ink on printed forms.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Legal Documents
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Henderson County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Start Date: 1855-05-14
- End Date: 1856-11-11
Name: Henderson County District Court casesCode: HDCC
Name: Henderson County District Clerk's OfficeCode: HCDC
- Rights Access: public
- Legal Document
- cause no. 132
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7