[Letter from Joseph A. Carroll to Celia Carroll, August 3, 1864] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Joseph A. Carroll to Celia Carroll, August 3, 1864]
Author: Carroll, Joseph A.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1864-08-03
- Content Description: Letter from Joseph A. Carroll to Celia Carroll discussing the elections in Denton County. He suggests that the newly elected sheriff raise a Union flag and declare the county a part of the Union once more. He also sends her some of his old shirts.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 39 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Keyword: letters
- Named Person: Carroll, Judge Joseph A.
- Named Person: Carroll, Celia J. Burrows
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Civil War
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Politics
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1864-08
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2013Code: SG13
Name: Judge Joseph A. Carroll CollectionCode: JJCC
Name: Private Collection of Jim McDermottCode: PCJM
- Accession or Local Control No: PCJM_0039
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth355411