[Photograph of Higgins and Glazier, Texas Tornado Aftermath] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Photograph of Higgins and Glazier, Texas Tornado Aftermath]
Photographer: McMurry, J.W.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dalhart, Texas
- Creation: 1947-04-09
- Digitized: 2008-02-06
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of destruction after the Higgins and Glazier, Texas tornado. In the foreground is the shadow of a person wearing a hat. In the center is a piece of machinery covered in dirt. In the background on the right side of the frame are four men looking right. There is also an automobile, a fallen building, and a standing telephone pole.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 6 x 9 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Natural Disasters - Tornadoes
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Groups
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Automobiles
- Keyword: telephone poles
- Keyword: destruction
- Keyword: damages
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Lipscomb County
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1947-04-09
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007Code: SG07
Name: Wolf Creek Heritage MuseumCode: WCHM
- Display Note: Located within an envelope that reads, "J.W. McCurry Dalhart, Texas Box 1124", which is located within a larger envelope that reads, "Higgins and Storm Picture Negatives," on the front and on the back, "Tornado Pictures, 1947, Glazier maby Higgins, Negatives".
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo