Lipscomb Street North of Courthouse, 1998

Description

Photograph of a Lipscomb Street north of the Courthouse. There are three old, historically preserved buildings. The building closest building on the left side of the frame is white with a porch. The building in the middle is wooden and the third building on the right side of the frame is wooden with a tin roof. To side of the first building is an old wooden wagon. In front of the first building is a telephone pole and hitching post. There are tiny yellow flowers all over the ground.

Physical Description

One photographic image, b&w: 6.0 in. X 4.0 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1998.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2007 and was provided by Wolf Creek Heritage Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 43 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Wolf Creek Heritage Museum

The Wolf Creek Heritage Museum partnered with us to provide access to materials that document the history of Lipscomb County. Materials include photographs of early citizens, tornado damage from the devastating storms of 1947 and 1949, and ranching. The collections also include two books: Lipscomb County Cemeteries and A History of Lipscomb County, Texas, 1876-1976.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a Lipscomb Street north of the Courthouse. There are three old, historically preserved buildings. The building closest building on the left side of the frame is white with a porch. The building in the middle is wooden and the third building on the right side of the frame is wooden with a tin roof. To side of the first building is an old wooden wagon. In front of the first building is a telephone pole and hitching post. There are tiny yellow flowers all over the ground.

Physical Description

One photographic image, b&w: 6.0 in. X 4.0 in.

Notes

First building on left is Lance Bussard's Alamo Saloon, the middle building is Debby Opdyke and Jan Luna's "Naturally Yours" Storage Building, and the third building on the right side of the frame is J.W. Beeson's Saddle Shop.

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2007

Rescuing Texas History 2007, presents materials from fifteen partners: Anderson County Historical Commission; Austin History Center, Austin Public Library; Bosque County Historical Commission; Childress County Heritage Museum; Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History; Dallas Heritage Village; First Christian Church, Port Arthur; Heritage House Museum, Orange; Historic Rose Marine Theater; Kemah Historical Society; Museum of the American Railroad; Palestine Public Library; Sanger Public Library; Sulphur Springs Public Library; and Val Verde Historical Commission.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1998

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • April 17, 2008, 7:37 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • May 19, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 43

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Lipscomb Street North of Courthouse, 1998, photograph, 1998; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth36075/: accessed September 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Wolf Creek Heritage Museum.