[Letter to William Murrell regarding taxes, October 3, 1862] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter to William Murrell regarding taxes, October 3, 1862]
Author: Hicks, E.B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: as Tax Assessor for Harrison County
- Creation: 1862-10-03
- Digitized: 2007-11-02
- Content Description: Letter from tax assessor E.B. Hicks to William Murrell. Taxes of $32.72 assessed on 27 slaves and 17 horses.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Slavery
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Taxes
- Named Person: Murrell, William
- Named Person: Hicks, E.B.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harrison County
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1862
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Private Collection of Howard and Brenda McClurkinCode: PCHBM
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd