[Certificate of Proficiency, Frank W. Gardner]

Description

Certificate awarded to Frank W. Gardner. It reads: "Army Air Forces Combat Crew School, Tarrant Field, Texas. Pilot Transition Training. Certificate of Proficiency. This is to certify that Frank W. Gardner, 2nd Lt., A. C. has successfully completed a course of instruction in Pilot Training and Ground Technical Instruction on B-24 D type equipment and is awarded this certificate in testimony thereof." It is signed by Louis R. Hughes, Jr., Lt. Col., A. C., Director of Training, and James S. Stowell, Col., A. C., Commanding Officer.

Physical Description

1 p. ; 22 cm.

Creation Information

Army Air Forces Combat Crew School 1940~/1949~.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: World War Two Collection and one other and was provided by Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 117 times , with 5 in the last month . More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Others

Named Person

Person who is significant in some way to the content of this text. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this text as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this text useful in their work.

Provided By

Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

Housed within the Fielder House, a two-story community landmark built in 1914 and one of the earliest brick homes in Arlington. Originally called The Cemetery Society at its founding in 1887, its mission has been to gather and preserve historical materials relating to the founding and growth of the city.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Certificate awarded to Frank W. Gardner. It reads: "Army Air Forces Combat Crew School, Tarrant Field, Texas. Pilot Transition Training. Certificate of Proficiency. This is to certify that Frank W. Gardner, 2nd Lt., A. C. has successfully completed a course of instruction in Pilot Training and Ground Technical Instruction on B-24 D type equipment and is awarded this certificate in testimony thereof." It is signed by Louis R. Hughes, Jr., Lt. Col., A. C., Director of Training, and James S. Stowell, Col., A. C., Commanding Officer.

Physical Description

1 p. ; 22 cm.

Subjects

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this text in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This text is part of the following collections of related materials.

World War Two Collection

These materials focus on WWII and the immediate postwar period of the late 1940s. In addition to materials created during the time period, materials may include modern studies and commemorative works about the era.

World War II Collection of Arlington, Texas

These materials explore World War II from the perspective of a small town and the North Texas Agricultural College at its heart.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Creation Date

  • 1940~/1949~

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1940~ - 1949~

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 14, 2014, 8:37 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 5
Total Uses: 117

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

Army Air Forces Combat Crew School. [Certificate of Proficiency, Frank W. Gardner], text, 1940~/1949~; (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth379874/: accessed May 19, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum.