East Texas Family Records, Volume 8, Number 4, Winter 1984 Page: 31
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
,EAST TEXAS FAMILY RECORDS VOL. 8, NO. 4, WINTER 198
(Smith County - 1861 Muster Roll - Mt. Carmel Post Office -- continued)
THE STATE OF TEXAS X
COUNTY OF SMITH X
I do hereby certify that the above Muster Roll is a copy of the enrollment
made by me and that officers therein rerolled was duly elected by said
Company. David HILL, Enrolling Officer. This 15th day of July 1861.
COMPANY NO. 2 (RESERVE)
1. David HILL, Captain 41. W. H. THORN
2. Matt SHAMBERGER, 1st Lieutenant 42. W. C. THORN
3. W. F. McCULLOUGH, 2nd Lieutenant 43. J. Y. TRUELOVE
4. Jno. BOYETT, 3rd Lieutenant 44. George GREER
5. Wm. BLYCHFELL, 1st Sergeant 45. E. L. CHAMBLISS
6. J. C. WRENN, 2nd Sergeant 46. J. L. SMITH
7. M. L. BROWN, 3rd Sergeant 47. G. W. SIMMONS
8. W. G. FULLER, 4th Sergeant 48. George R. COSPER
9. H. G. LAND 49. G. GORMAN
10. Jno. E. PRATHER 50. E. McMURRAY
11. Wm. PRICE 51. George PERRYMAN
12. wm. PERRYMAN 52. A. C. BROWN
13. J. C. MATTHEWS 53. Thomas WRENN
14. . H. HITT 54. William PERRYMAN, Jr.
15. L. F. PETTY 55. Q. A. SHUFORD
16. C. F. WILEY 56. A. McDONALD
17. W. P. KELLEY 57. D. M. CLINTON
18. Littleton CHAMBLISS 58. William BUCKHOLT
19. Peter DOWNEY 59. T. B. OWENS
20. 0. HITT 60. N. F. HITT
21. J ? GORMAN (not legible) 61. William SHAMBURGER
22. J. T. HILL 62. J. M. HESTER
23. Wm. BUCKHOLTS 63. Thos. RATLIFF
24. A. J. JOHNSON 64. William F. MITCHELL
25. Jas. PERRYMAN 65. David HOKE
26. Alfred HITT 66. J. L. S. BAKER
27. Thos. POOL 67. N. B. STROUD
28. North ALMAN 68. William McMURRAY
29. Jno. POOL 69. Stephen KELLY
30. C. L. (not legible) 70. G. W. CLINTON
31. J. D. PRICE 71. Albert Noland
32. J. M. BUCKHOLT 72. G. W. MILNER
33. A. M. FLEMMING 73. T. L. KAY
34. H. J. JARMAN 74. D. S. ? (not legible)
35. J. B. MORRIS 75. Thos. WIGGINS
36. A. W. STROUD 76. B. W. SEWELL
37. Wm. WRENN 77. J. M. WIGGINS
38. Jas. McCLENNY 78. Asa HITT
39. J. A. PRATER 79. T. TODD
40. Thos. R. SWAN 80. Isham K. TABBLE
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
East Texas Genealogical Society. East Texas Family Records, Volume 8, Number 4, Winter 1984, periodical, Winter 1984; Tyler, Texas. (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38039/m1/33/: accessed November 27, 2020), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting East Texas Genealogical Society.