Crazy Hotel: Formal Opening Menu

Description

This photograph shows a SOUVENIR MENU on the occasion of the formal opening of the Crazy Hotel on March 11, 1927. The hotel, now [2008] a retirement hotel, is still located on the corner of N. Oak Avenue and NW 3rd Street, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was closed as a retirement hotel, under a considerable cloud, in 2010.

Physical Description

[4] p. : col. ill.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1927.

Context

This pamphlet is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 147 times . More information about this pamphlet can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this pamphlet or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this pamphlet.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

The Boyce Ditto Public Library materials include local history from the A. F. Weaver Collection featuring resort souvenir guides and photos of Mineral Wells from its founding to the present. There is extensive coverage of the Hexagon House, the Baker Hotel, Camp/Fort Wolters and the many mineral wells that made the city a major resort in the first half of the 20th Century.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this pamphlet. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

This photograph shows a SOUVENIR MENU on the occasion of the formal opening of the Crazy Hotel on March 11, 1927. The hotel, now [2008] a retirement hotel, is still located on the corner of N. Oak Avenue and NW 3rd Street, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was closed as a retirement hotel, under a considerable cloud, in 2010.

Physical Description

[4] p. : col. ill.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this pamphlet in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This pamphlet is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers the founding of Mineral Wells through its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town up to the present. A. F. Weaver was a photographer and local historian, and the collection includes photographs that he took as well as photographs he copied from local families and established research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this pamphlet?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this pamphlet.

Creation Date

  • 1927

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • June 1, 2008, 7:50 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • June 22, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this pamphlet last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 147

Where

Geographical information about where this pamphlet originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Pamphlet

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Crazy Hotel: Formal Opening Menu, pamphlet, 1927; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38088/: accessed July 25, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.