Texas and Pacific Railway Terminal

Description

Photograph of the Texas and Pacific Terminal at Main and Front Streets in Fort Worth, Texas taken from a postcard. It opened on Dec 16, 1889. The red brick building with a fountain in a foreground was designed by architect O.H. Lang. It served Fort Worth until 1931, when a new larger terminal opened.

Physical Description

1 photographic print: b&w; 8 x 10 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This postcard is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided by University of Texas at Arlington Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 134 times . More information about this postcard can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this postcard or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this postcard.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this postcard as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this postcard useful in their work.

Provided By

University of Texas at Arlington Library

The University of Texas at Arlington Libraries contributes a large collection of maps, photographs, books, and letters to several collections, including German Immigration to Texas, Humanities Texas Grant, and Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures. They also provide select items for the Lorenzo de Zavala Online: Empresario, Statesman and Texas Revolutionary collection.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this postcard. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the Texas and Pacific Terminal at Main and Front Streets in Fort Worth, Texas taken from a postcard. It opened on Dec 16, 1889. The red brick building with a fountain in a foreground was designed by architect O.H. Lang. It served Fort Worth until 1931, when a new larger terminal opened.

Physical Description

1 photographic print: b&w; 8 x 10 in.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this postcard in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This postcard is part of the following collection of related materials.

Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures

The participants in Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures include the UNT Libraries, Fort Worth Public Library, Texas Christian University, the Amon Carter Museum, the University of Texas at Arlington, Beth-El Congregation Archives, Tarrant County College NE, Log Cabin Village, Cattle Raisers Museum, Lockheed Martin Archives, Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church, Dallas Public Library, University of Houston, and the Cowtown Coliseum. This project was generously funded by the Amon Carter Foundation and the Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this postcard?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this postcard.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • June 9, 2008, 9:29 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • June 1, 2010, 8:38 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this postcard last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 134

Where

Geographical information about where this postcard originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Postcard

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Texas and Pacific Railway Terminal, postcard, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38427/: accessed July 24, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting University of Texas at Arlington Library.