This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.

[Large two story home identified on back in Red pen as "Ryon Home".]

Description

Photograph of large two story home identified on back in Red pen as "Ryon Home." Identified by Michael Moore as J.H.P. Davis House before it was renovated in 1889. Home was located at site of present day Polly Ryon Hospital until it was moved to the George Ranch Historical Park (1977?). Yard is enclosed by a white picket fence with arched entryway. There are many young trees in the area outside the yard. Windmill is visible over the roof of the house. See 1972.093.117 for another view of the home. Image is mounted on a tan cardboard matte. Upper left ...

Physical Description

Height:20.4 cm, Length/Circumference:25.4 cm, Width/Diameter:

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1888.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Fort Bend Museum Collection and was provided by Fort Bend Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 47 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

Fort Bend Museum

The Fort Bend Museum presents a rich variety of historical materials, including photographs of artifacts from the museum and local history photographs. Among these interesting materials are photographs of U.S. Congressman John M. Moore, prohibitionist Carrie A. Nation, and Jane Long, the "Mother of Texas."

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of large two story home identified on back in Red pen as "Ryon Home." Identified by Michael Moore as J.H.P. Davis House before it was renovated in 1889. Home was located at site of present day Polly Ryon Hospital until it was moved to the George Ranch Historical Park (1977?). Yard is enclosed by a white picket fence with arched entryway. There are many young trees in the area outside the yard. Windmill is visible over the roof of the house. See 1972.093.117 for another view of the home.
Image is mounted on a tan cardboard matte. Upper left corner of matte is broken off.

Physical Description

Height:20.4 cm, Length/Circumference:25.4 cm, Width/Diameter:

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Fort Bend Museum Collection

This rich variety of historical materials includes photographs of artifacts from the Fort Bend museum and local history photographs. Among the interesting materials are photographs of U.S. Congressman John M. Moore, prohibitionist Carrie A. Nation, and Jane Long, the "Mother of Texas."

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1888

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • April 15, 2005, 11:09 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 21, 2007, 1:40 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 47

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Large two story home identified on back in Red pen as "Ryon Home".], photograph, 1888; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth385/: accessed January 20, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Fort Bend Museum.