Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Description

Confirmation Bible, Beth-El Congregation. Presented to Rose Levenson for Confirmation on Shevuoth, May 26, 1909 at Fort Worth, Texas by Rabbi George Zepin. Title page and inscription of the bible states that this volume contains "the Twenty-Four Books of the Holy Scriptures, carefully translated according to the Massoretic text, after the best Jewish authority by Isaac Lesser."

Physical Description

[2] p. ; 15 cm.

Creation Information

Rabbi George Zepin May 26, 1909.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided by Beth-El Congregation Archives to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 103 times . More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this text as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this text useful in their work.

Provided By

Beth-El Congregation Archives

The Beth-El Congregation Archives collection includes photographs of confirmation classes dating from 1905 to the present, as well as social events from their community. The collection also includes handwritten notes from the first and second organizing meetings of Beth-El Congregation in 1902.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Confirmation Bible, Beth-El Congregation. Presented to Rose Levenson for Confirmation on Shevuoth, May 26, 1909 at Fort Worth, Texas by Rabbi George Zepin. Title page and inscription of the bible states that this volume contains "the Twenty-Four Books of the Holy Scriptures, carefully translated according to the Massoretic text, after the best Jewish authority by Isaac Lesser."

Physical Description

[2] p. ; 15 cm.

Notes

(5.75 x 3.5 in.)

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Languages

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this text in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This text is part of the following collection of related materials.

Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures

The participants in Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures include the UNT Libraries, Fort Worth Public Library, Texas Christian University, the Amon Carter Museum, the University of Texas at Arlington, Beth-El Congregation Archives, Tarrant County College NE, Log Cabin Village, Cattle Raisers Museum, Lockheed Martin Archives, Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church, Dallas Public Library, University of Houston, and the Cowtown Coliseum. This project was generously funded by the Amon Carter Foundation and the Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Creation Date

  • May 26, 1909

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 11, 2008, 9:58 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Aug. 4, 2013, 4:27 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 103

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Rabbi George Zepin. Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation, text, May 26, 1909; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38733/: accessed September 29, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Beth-El Congregation Archives.