[Menorah Sculpture]

Description

Menorah Sculpture cast in bronze by artist Gene Owens. The sculpture was created in 1962 for the Galveston Street entrance to the new religious-school wing of Beth-El Congregation. In the summer of 2000, the sculpture was moved to the congregation's new building at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., where this picture was taken in 2002. Beth-El's archivist, Hollace Weiner, stands behind the sculpture.

Physical Description

1 color photograph: 4 in. x 6 in.

Creation Information

Owens, Gene 2002.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided by Beth-El Congregation Archives to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 106 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Artist

Named Person

Person who is significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Beth-El Congregation Archives

The Beth-El Congregation Archives collection includes photographs of confirmation classes dating from 1905 to the present, as well as social events from their community. The collection also includes handwritten notes from the first and second organizing meetings of Beth-El Congregation in 1902.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Menorah Sculpture cast in bronze by artist Gene Owens. The sculpture was created in 1962 for the Galveston Street entrance to the new religious-school wing of Beth-El Congregation. In the summer of 2000, the sculpture was moved to the congregation's new building at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., where this picture was taken in 2002. Beth-El's archivist, Hollace Weiner, stands behind the sculpture.

Physical Description

1 color photograph: 4 in. x 6 in.

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures

The participants in Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures include the UNT Libraries, Fort Worth Public Library, Texas Christian University, the Amon Carter Museum, the University of Texas at Arlington, Beth-El Congregation Archives, Tarrant County College NE, Log Cabin Village, Cattle Raisers Museum, Lockheed Martin Archives, Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church, Dallas Public Library, University of Houston, and the Cowtown Coliseum. This project was generously funded by the Amon Carter Foundation and the Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 2002

Covered Time Period

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 11, 2008, 9:38 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Aug. 4, 2013, 5:44 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 106

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Owens, Gene. [Menorah Sculpture], photograph, 2002; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38778/: accessed December 9, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Beth-El Congregation Archives.