Famous Mineral Water "At the Sign of of the Old Well" Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Famous Mineral Water "At the Sign of of the Old Well"
- Digitized: 2008-07-07
- Content Description: Shown here is the title page of a booklet, about 6 3/16" by 3 7/16", of eight folios extolling the virtues of the waters obtainable in Mineral Wells. An analysis of the mineral water, a notarized statement by one J[asper] C. Liles (1873-1931), attesting to the purity of the water, and a brief description of the method by which the water is obtained, adorn the first two folios. An advertisement for Dismuke's Pronto-Lax (Complete with an illustration of a specimen bottle) fills the bottom of folio 2, verso. The rest of the booklet is given over to letters from satisfied customers, attesting to the efficacy of the waters in the alleviation of various complaints. The booklet ends with a notice of where to obtain Dismuke's Pronto-lax should it not be found locally. Finally, a violet stamp reading: Mrs. Dola Blaffer 3412 Knight Street Phone 5-6602 Dallas, Tex." fills out the final page. A colophon at the very bottom reads: "Hendrix Printing Co. Mineral Wells, Texas."
- Keyword: Mineral water
- Keyword: Testimonials
- Named Person: Dismuke
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth39260