[Big Bend cave painting] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Big Bend cave painting]
- Added Title My Land, My Heritage, My Hope: Slide 31
- Creation: 1969
- Digitized: 2007-02-21
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a Big Bend cave painting that includes a picture of a cave buffalo in the upper-left quadrant, a small picture of a buffalo in the upper-right quadrant, and a picture of a caveman in the lower-left corner of the photograph. The image accompanied a written speech, with the caption: "The climate changed, and food shortages caused the Jumanos to become buffalo hunters, as evidenced by this cave painting" (p. 3).
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 8 x 8 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Paintings
- Keyword: artworks
- Keyword: cave paintings
- Keyword: caves
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Presidio County
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1969
- Is Referenced By: My Land, My Heritage, My Hope, ark:/67531/metapth39396
Name: Marfa, Diversity in the DesertCode: MDID
Name: Marfa Public LibraryCode: MRPL
- Accession or Local Control No: 1969.06.21
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth39673
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Fujitsu Image Scanner fi 4340C