Makers of Fort Worth Page: 24
This book is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
R. C. Cantrell
CANTRELL has been
a resident of Tarrant
County thirty-six years
and of Fort Worth
-A nearly fifteen years,
and is one of the best known horsemen
in the Southwest. Mr. Cantrell
is a native of Mississippi, hav-
ing been born at Canton, that State,
August 22, 1864. He is the son -of
Henry C. Cantrell, a noted figure
in the war between the States, and
Lila Sanders Cantrell, both natives
of Tennessee. Following the close
of the war the family returned to
Tennessee and Mr. Cantrell received
his early education there,
completing it in the Texas schools
after they removed to this State. A
lover of good horses, he has devoted
much of his time to business pursuits
connected with them and is
manager and senior partner of Cantrell
Brothers' Eclipse Stables. He
is also president of the Fort Worth
Undertaking Company. Never a
candidate for office, he has nevertheless
been a prominent political
factor in both city and county affairs
and is a lifelong Democrat. He
has extensive lodge and club connections,
being a member of the
Elks, the Knights of Pythias, the
Bovinians and the Saddle and Sirloin
Club. He is also identified with the
commercial organizations building
up the city and holds membership
in the Chamber of Commerce and
the Ad Men's Clubs.
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page .
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
Newspaper Artists' Association, Forth Worth. Makers of Fort Worth, book, 1914; Fort Worth. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth41334/m1/25/ocr/: accessed August 19, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Amon Carter Museum.