Makers of Fort Worth Page: 41
This book is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
F. P. Culver
R. FRANK P. CULVER,
former president of
prominent both in the
ministerial and educaNO-9-m"
= tional work of the
Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
As president of Polytechnic he
headed the largest school of the denomination
in this section of the
country and the institution that will 1 [
be the girls' department of the big
Southern university system now
planned by the church. He is now
pastor of the Polytechnic Methodist
Church. Dr. Culver has been a
member of the past two general conferences
of the Methodist Episcopal
Church, South, and was a delegate-elect
to the Ecumenical Conference
held in Toronto, Canada,
last year. A native of Alabama,
he is the son of Major I. F. Culver,
one of the officials of that State
for a number of years. His mother,
before her marriage, was Miss Nancy
McSwean. She was born in Louisville,
Alabama, ard Dr. Culver's
father in Sparta, Georgia. Dr. Culver
was born in Lawrenceville, Ala.,
July 31, 1863. He was graduated
from Southern University in June,
1888, with M. A. degree, and entered
the ministry. He has been
married twice, his first wife being
Miss Ella Taylor and his present
wife Miss Mary White. He has
four children, Frank, Bessie, Nancy
and Anna, aged twenty-three, twenty-one,
nine and eight years, respectively.
The degree of D. D.
was conferred on him last year by
the Southwestern University. Dr.
Culver is a Mason and a Democrat.
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Reference the current page of this Book.
Newspaper Artists' Association, Forth Worth. Makers of Fort Worth, book, 1914; Fort Worth. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth41334/m1/42/: accessed September 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Amon Carter Museum.