[Documents relating to the Texas Cherokees] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Documents relating to the Texas Cherokees]
- Digitized: 2007-10-23
- Content Description: Certified copy of a Cherokee Indian Treaty obtained for legal action in the late nineteenth century. The first document is a certified copy of the 1835 treaty obtained by Sam Houston and John Forbes. Also included are various power of attorneys from W.P. Adair, C.N. Vann, J. Elliot Condict, and John C. Fremont. There is also a signed power of attorney executed by the Chief representatives of the Cherokee Indian Nation in Indian Territory.
- Physical Description: 33 manuscript pages
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cherokee Tribe of Indians.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cherokee Indians -- 1830-1840.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cherokee Indians -- Government rleations.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cherokee Indians -- Treaties.
- Named Person: Houston, Sam
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: tex-rev
- Time Period: rep-tex
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: civ-war
- Start Date: 1835
- End Date: 1872
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Oklahoma Historical SocietyCode: OKHS
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection V750-M Pro