[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church Plaque]

Description

Photograph of a red granite plaque attached the side of a white clapboard building. The plaque reads "Cedar Springs United Methodist Church. This building was erected in 1898, after many years of worship in private homes and under brush arbors. It was built out of love of God and man."

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. May 2010.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2013 and one other and was provided by Palo Pinto County Historical Association to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 21 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

Palo Pinto County Historical Association

The Palo Pinto County Historical Association is a nonprofit that documents and preserves materials regarding county history since 1890. It is comprised of county commissioners court members and commission-nominated delegates. The Association contains four committees: History Appreciation, Marker, Archaeology, and Oral History.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a red granite plaque attached the side of a white clapboard building. The plaque reads "Cedar Springs United Methodist Church. This building was erected in 1898, after many years of worship in private homes and under brush arbors. It was built out of love of God and man."

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collections of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2013

The 2013 edition of Rescuing Texas History brings together thousands of items that reflect the history and preserve the legacy of the Texas of the past. They include photographs, letters, and more.

Palo Pinto County Album

In an effort to document as much of the history held by people with ties to the county, this album was created to accommodate those who wish to contribute their items of historical value, no matter how small the collection.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • May 2010

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • June 24, 2014, 7:23 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 21

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church Plaque], photograph, May 2010; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427156/: accessed August 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Palo Pinto County Historical Association.