Heritage, Volume 18, Number 1, Winter 2000 Page: 22
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
The United Daughters of the Confederacy Flag Collection
to Preserve The Past
Terry's Texas Rangers Flag. Top image is the obverse side of the flag (front of the banner,
where the staff is on the left), and the bottom image is the reverse of the flag.
BY CYNTHIA HARRIMAN
Jhis story begins in
1888, when three former
Nimrod L. Norton, William
H. Westfall, and George W.
Lacy donated the granite
from which the Texas State
Capitol was built. In gratitude
for this generous gift,
the state gave these men an
office in the Capitol. A few
years later, these same soldiers
gave that space to the
United Daughters of the
Confederacy to use for a museum.
It became known as
the Albert Sidney Johnston
Museum and housed the artifacts
that the Daughters
HERITAGE * 22 * WINTER 2000
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas Historical Foundation. Heritage, Volume 18, Number 1, Winter 2000, periodical, Winter 2000; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth45388/m1/22/: accessed January 17, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas Historical Foundation.