Heritage, Volume 11, Number 3, Summer 1993 Page: 13
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Built in 1909, the Ragland Building went through
many changes. The top two photos are of the original
interiors of the grocery store (left) and dry goods (below,
right). The middle left photograph is of the store
during the late 1940s. Bottom left is the "new" Ragland's
with the Loewy facades, in 1951. The bottom right
photograph shows the removal of the sign during the
closing of the store in 1979. All photographs in this
article are courtesy of the King Ranch Archives.
HERITAGE * SUMMER 1993 13
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas Historical Foundation. Heritage, Volume 11, Number 3, Summer 1993, periodical, Summer 1993; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth45416/m1/13/: accessed October 17, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas Historical Foundation.