Catalog of Abilene Christian College, 1924-1925 Page: 91
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
of disorderly conduct. Prolonged suspension must receive the
approval of the athletic committee.
3. Tobacco and profane or obscene language on the athletic
field are forbidden.
4. No student may represent the college who has not been
in school long enough for his instructors to make an estimate of
his class standing.
5. No college student will be allowed to represent the college,
his class or society, who is not making a passing grade in
at least ten hours work. Academy students must make a passing
grade in at least three courses.
6. No student will be allowed to participate in inter-class,
inter-society, or inter-collegiate contests, who has failed to make
a passing grade in at least ten hours of work the previous
term. Incomplete courses shall not count. This shall not apply
to new academy students or to college students during the first
term of residence.
7. All rewards and honors shall be given at commencement
and no one shall be entitled to any individual reward or honor
who fails to remain in the institution until the close of the year.
8. Three hours of physical training per week will be required
of all students.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTERS.
Letters will be awarded to men who meet the following requirements:
1. Play 180 minutes of inter-collegiate football.
2. Play 180 minutes of inter-collegiate basketball.
3. Play 27 innings of intercollegiate baseball.
4. Place in one inter-collegiate track meet.
5. Play in one inter-collegiate tennis contest.
/The/letters shall be a, black "C'"tp w te upon a purple
bickgound. Onky one letter 'will be; avrdd to a student. All
additional letters won will be desinately a white bar. Bars
representing litters in tennis shall be aced at the top of the
.C" ; tfose representing letters ji foo to the left, those repree
'7 t o
MISCEL ~ LLANEOUS U
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
Abilene Christian College. Catalog of Abilene Christian College, 1924-1925, book, June 1924; Abilene, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth45926/m1/93/: accessed May 24, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Abilene Christian University Library.