[Hereford District School Histories]

Description

This paper gives a brief history of Hereford High School, Stanton Junior High, the Pre-K and Central Office Annex, and the Stanton Learning Center in Hereford, Texas.

Physical Description

3 p. ; 28 cm.

Creation Information

Waters, Carolyn November 2003.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection and was provided by Deaf Smith County Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 280 times , with 5 in the last month . More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Provided By

Deaf Smith County Library

Located in the western Texas Panhandle, the Library serves Hereford and the surrounding area. From its start as a small room in the Hereford Bank in 1910 to its current role as a technological and education center, the Library has continued to uphold its mission to provide access and promote learning in the community.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

  • Main Title: [Hereford District School Histories]
  • Added Title: Hereford High School, 1926-1954; Stanton Junior High, 1954-1988; Pre-K and Central Office Annex, 1988-1993; Stanton Learning Center, 1988-present

Description

This paper gives a brief history of Hereford High School, Stanton Junior High, the Pre-K and Central Office Annex, and the Stanton Learning Center in Hereford, Texas.

Physical Description

3 p. ; 28 cm.

Language

Item Type

Collections

This text is part of the following collection of related materials.

Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection

Photographer Bill Bradly documented the people and businesses of the Deaf Smith County area, represented here. Funding provided in part by Humanities Texas, the state partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Creation Date

  • November 2003

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1926 - 2003

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • April 16, 2009, 11 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 5
Total Uses: 280

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Waters, Carolyn. [Hereford District School Histories], text, November 2003; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46553/: accessed June 28, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Deaf Smith County Library.