A Brief History of Hereford Independent School District

Description

Document describing the history of Hereford Independent School District starting with the opening of county schools in 1893 and ending with the 2004-2005 school year.

Physical Description

13 p. ; 28 cm.

Creation Information

Waters, Carolyn 2004.

Context

This paper is part of the collection entitled: Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection and was provided by Deaf Smith County Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 448 times , with 5 in the last month . More information about this paper can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this paper or its content.

Author

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

Deaf Smith County Library

Located in the western Texas Panhandle, the Deaf Smith County Library serves the people of Hereford and the surrounding area. From its early start as a small room in the Hereford Bank in 1910 to its current role as a technological and education center, the library has continued to uphold its mission to provide access and promote learning in the community.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this paper. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Titles

  • Main Title: A Brief History of Hereford Independent School District
  • Alternate Title: A Brief History of Hereford ISD

Description

Document describing the history of Hereford Independent School District starting with the opening of county schools in 1893 and ending with the 2004-2005 school year.

Physical Description

13 p. ; 28 cm.

Language

Item Type

Collections

This paper is part of the following collection of related materials.

Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection

Photographer Bill Bradly documented the people and businesses of the Deaf Smith County area and created preservation negatives of historic photographs, later donated by the Bradly family. This collection illustrates Texas's cattle and farming tradition. Funding was provided in part by Humanities Texas, the state partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

What responsibilities do I have when using this paper?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this paper.

Creation Date

  • 2004

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • April 16, 2009, 11:01 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 27, 2013, 11:23 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this paper last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 5
Total Uses: 448

Where

Geographical information about where this paper originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Paper

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Waters, Carolyn. A Brief History of Hereford Independent School District, paper, 2004; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46556/: accessed February 22, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Deaf Smith County Library.