Unit History of 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion [ From] 1 January 1956 to 29 February 1956

Description

This document gives a narrative of the activities of the 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion, as they prepared to leave one station (England Air Force Base, Louisiana) for their new headquarters at Wolters Air Force Base in Texas. There is a description of their drills, inspections, and preparations as well as an appendix with the original movement orders. The motto beneath the shield translates: "We build a nest."

Physical Description

5 p., 3 p. ; 27 cm.

Creation Information

Myers, William L. & Allison, A. G. March 1956.

Context

This book is part of the collection entitled: Pictorial History of Fort Wolters and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 584 times , with 7 in the last month . More information about this book can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this book or its content.

Authors

  • Myers, William L. "Prepared by Captain William L. Myers and SP/3 A G. Allison, Jr."
  • Allison, A. G. "Prepared by Captain William L. Myers and SP/3 A G. Allison, Jr."

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

Located in Mineral Wells, the Library holds over 50,000 materials and is dedicated to providing free access and services for the community in a friendly and professional manner. Because of the work of the Boyce Ditto Public Library, residents of Palo Pinto County have access to books, online resources, events, and much more.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this book. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

This document gives a narrative of the activities of the 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion, as they prepared to leave one station (England Air Force Base, Louisiana) for their new headquarters at Wolters Air Force Base in Texas.
There is a description of their drills, inspections, and preparations as well as an appendix with the original movement orders.
The motto beneath the shield translates: "We build a nest."

Physical Description

5 p., 3 p. ; 27 cm.

Notes

"Willard D. Arnold, Lt. Col, CE, Commanding." "Aviation Engineer Force, Continental Air Command." There is a partial stamp on the title page (and on the back cover) that says, "Boyce Ditto Public Library" and includes the address and phone number. The text is only partially legible in some places. This document has non-standard pagination; the main report and the appendix are numbered separately.

Language

Item Type

Collections

This book is part of the following collection of related materials.

Pictorial History of Fort Wolters

The diverse military history of Fort Wolters been documented and preserved in these materials. Col. Willie H. Casper compiled the multi-volume collection. Casper was deputy commander of the fort from 1965 to 1971.

What responsibilities do I have when using this book?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this book.

Creation Date

  • March 1956

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • January 1, 1956 - March 1, 1956

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • April 16, 2009, 11:42 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 15, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this book last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 7
Total Uses: 584

Where

Geographical information about where this book originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Book

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Myers, William L. & Allison, A. G. Unit History of 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion [ From] 1 January 1956 to 29 February 1956, book, March 1956; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth46558/: accessed July 22, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.