Unit History of 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion [ From] 1 January 1956 to 29 February 1956 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Unit History of 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion [ From] 1 January 1956 to 29 February 1956
Author: Myers, William L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Prepared by Captain William L. Myers and SP/3 A G. Allison, Jr."
Author: Allison, A. G.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Prepared by Captain William L. Myers and SP/3 A G. Allison, Jr."
- Creation: 1956-03
- Digitized: 2009
- Content Description: This document gives a narrative of the activities of the 845th Engineer Aviation Battalion, as they prepared to leave one station (England Air Force Base, Louisiana) for their new headquarters at Wolters Air Force Base in Texas. There is a description of their drills, inspections, and preparations as well as an appendix with the original movement orders. The motto beneath the shield translates: "We build a nest."
- Physical Description: 5 p., 3 p. ; 27 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Air bases.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Military training camps -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fort Wolters (Tex.)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Keyword: Wolters Air Force Base
- Keyword: orders
- Keyword: supplies
- Keyword: inspections
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Place Name: United States - Louisiana
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 1956-01-01
- End Date: 1956-03-01
Name: Pictorial History of Fort WoltersCode: PHFW
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth46558
- Display Note: "Willard D. Arnold, Lt. Col, CE, Commanding." "Aviation Engineer Force, Continental Air Command." There is a partial stamp on the title page (and on the back cover) that says, "Boyce Ditto Public Library" and includes the address and phone number. The text is only partially legible in some places. This document has non-standard pagination; the main report and the appendix are numbered separately.