[Group in front of camp building]

Description

Photograph of a group at a Lay-Leaders Retreat. The group is standing in front of the dining hall. Left to Right: Mrs. B.B. Wedemeyer; Rev. J.W.W. Shuler, Mrs. Shuler, Bishop Martin, Wm. H. Cole, Mrs. Peyton and Mrs. John A. Siceloff.

Physical Description

1 photographic print: b&w ; 8 x 10 in.

Creation Information

Williamson's Studio May 18, 1950.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided by Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 23 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

Named Persons

People who are significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church provides materials for Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures. Photographs and archival documents, from as early as 1912, include portraits of staff and church events at Glen Lake and Rainbow Camp.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a group at a Lay-Leaders Retreat. The group is standing in front of the dining hall.
Left to Right:
Mrs. B.B. Wedemeyer; Rev. J.W.W. Shuler, Mrs. Shuler, Bishop Martin, Wm. H. Cole, Mrs. Peyton and Mrs. John A. Siceloff.

Physical Description

1 photographic print: b&w ; 8 x 10 in.

Notes

This photograph is from the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures

The participants in Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures include the UNT Libraries, Fort Worth Public Library, Texas Christian University, the Amon Carter Museum, the University of Texas at Arlington, Beth-El Congregation Archives, Tarrant County College NE, Log Cabin Village, Cattle Raisers Museum, Lockheed Martin Archives, Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church, Dallas Public Library, University of Houston, and the Cowtown Coliseum. This project was generously funded by the Amon Carter Foundation and the Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • May 18, 1950

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 1, 2009, 6:59 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 23

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Williamson's Studio. [Group in front of camp building], photograph, May 18, 1950; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth47045/: accessed September 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church.