Texas Loma Alta Quadrangle: Grid Zone "D" Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Texas Loma Alta Quadrangle: Grid Zone "D"
- Added Title Loma Alta, Texas
Draftsman: Kenda, P.Creator Type: Personal
Draftsman: Rehberg, A.Creator Type: Personal
Draftsman: Lukesh, G. R.Creator Type: Personal
Distributor: Geological Survey (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: For sale by U.S. Geological Survey, Federal Center, Denver 2, Colorado, or Washington 25, D.C.
Name: Geological Survey (U.S.)Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1956
- Content Description: Topographic quadrangle map of Loma Alta, Texas, and the surrounding area, showing populated areas, boundaries, water bodies, railroads, roads, ranches, and landmarks, with relief shown by contours (interval 20 feet) and spot heights. Scale 1:62,500
- Physical Description: 1 map ; 45 x 40 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps, Topographic.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Duval County (Tex.) -- Maps, Topographic.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: McMullen County (Tex.) -- Maps, Topographic.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Loma Alta (Tex.) -- Maps, Topographic.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Keyword: topography
- Keyword: topographic maps
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - McMullen County - Loma Alta
Name: Abilene Library ConsortiumCode: ABCM
Name: Jesse Wallace Williams Map CollectionCode: JWWMC
Name: Hardin-Simmons University LibraryCode: HSUL
- Accession or Local Control No: HSU-0307002059292
- Accession or Local Control No: 1.B.14
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth493677
- Display Note: "Base map controlled reconnaissance prepared under direction of Chief Engineer, Department of Texas, 1910. G. R. Lukesh, Colonel, C. E., Engineer, Eighth Corps Area. Control by U. S. C. and G. S., State Highway Dept. and Magnolia Pipeline Co. Field revision by 8th Engineers, 1930-1937. A. Rehberg, Jr, Chief Draftsman. P. Kenda, Senior Draftsman, Draftsman. Compilation and drafting, 1935-37. Polyconic project, North American Datum."
- Display Note: "Interior - Geological Survey, Washington, D.C. - 1956. M R 3355."
- Display Note: "Contour interval 20 feet. Datum is mean sea level."
- Display Note: "Reprinted from military edition for civil use."
- Display Note: "A folder describing topographic maps and symbols is available on request."
- Display Note: "Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army. Tactical map."