Journal of the Central Texas Conference, First Annual Session, Methodist Episcopal Church South Page: 29
This periodical is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
1. Who are admitted on trial? Hugh B. Landrum, H. W. Gillette, J.
Fletcher Isbell, Ruby 0. Sory, Walter B. Vaughn, Preston Broxton, J. D.
Smoot, Wm. Leslie Hightower.
2. Who remain on trial? Eugene B. Hawk, Willie C. House, Jas. R. Kid-
awell, W. T. Kinslow, Roy A. Langston, J. O. Leath, W. A. Neil, W. T. Singley,
0. B. Turner, F. P. Hunsucker, Geo. F. Kornegay, F. A. Ray, Jno. W. Haw-
kins, Geo. iSmallwood, Arthur Thomas, Marvin W. Bowden, Frank D. Cavi-
ness, Tolbert M. Dalton, N. A. Phillips, W. I. Caughran. Following remain In
the class of first year: Enoch M. Daily, Chas. H. Little.
3. Who are discontinued? H. W. Clark.
4. Who are admitted into full connection? Jno. F. Adams, Henry F.
Brooks, M. L. Latham, Alonzo Monk, Jr., Henry Stanford, Eustace P. Swin-
dall, Chas. E. Wilkins, Henry C. Bowman, Henry L Vincent, Ernest L.
5. Who are readmitted? None.
6. Who are received by transfer from other Conferences? Geo. Small-
wood, B. E. Kimbro, Chas. H. Little, R. B. Young, J. W. Childress, D. C. Stark,
C. P. Harris, J. H. Stewart, J. U. McAfee, W. H. Doss, Henry L. Munger,
E. F. Hudgins, W. J. Morphis, J. N. Tinkle, J. A. Rice, W. F. Lloyd, J. T.
Bloodworth, J. O. Gore, H. L. Gray, W. F. Campbell, A. B. C. Debnam.
7. Who are received from other churches as local preachers? W. H. Mc-
Bee and H. T. McKay, local elders from the Methodist Protestant Church;
W. H. Smith, an elder from the Baptist Church.
8. Who are received from other churches as traveling preachers? E.
M. Wisdom, a traveling deacon from the M. E. Church.
9. Who are the deacons of one year? Jesse H. Baldridge, V. Cejnar, A.
C. Chappell, W. H. Keener, W. J. Mayhew, W. W. Nobles, Jno. A. Siceloff,
E. R. Stanford, T. W. Taylor, Walter Vinsant, J. Frank Luker and J. F.
Tinkle, transfers, are put in this class. Following remain in the class of
the fourth year: Walter M. Griffith, C. C. Hightower and J. W. Childress.
10. What traveling preachers are elected deacons? Jno. F. Adams,
Henry F. Brooks, M. L. Latham, Eustace P. ,Swindall, Chas. E. Wilkins, Henry
C. Bowman, H. L. Vincent, Bertie E. Kimbro. Earnest L. Lloyd, an elder,
and Henry Francis, Henry Stanford and Alonzo Monk, Jr., deacons, were
advanced to class of the third year.
11. What traveling preachers are ordained deacons? Jno. F. Adams,
Henry F. Brooks, M. L. Latham, Eustace P. Swindall, Chas. E. Wilkins,
Henry C. Bowman, Henry L. Vincent, Bertie E. Kimbro.
12. What local preachers are elected deacons? Oscar A. Morton, J. P.
Beaty, Isaac Walker Duncan.
13. What local preachers are ordained deacons? Oscar A. Morton, Isaac
14. What traveling preachers are elected elders? F. M. Atchison, K. P.
Barton, C. A. Bickley, J. Hall Bowman, Gideon J. Bryan, Benjamin S. Crow,
Geo. W. Shearer, W. L. Brandon.
15. What traveling preachers are ordained elders? K. P. Barton, J. Hall
Bowman, Gideon J. Bryan, Benjamin S. Crow, Geo. W. Shearer, W. L. Braa-
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Journal of the Central Texas Conference, First Annual Session, Methodist Episcopal Church South, periodical, November 1910; Waco, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth49824/m1/29/: accessed April 30, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church.