Journal of the Central Texas Conference, Fourth Annual Session, Methodist Episcopal Church South Page: 37
This periodical is part of the collection entitled: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
CENTRAL i0XAO CINREI-NCE OtRNA-I 37
12. What local Fr f:3h-,-s a ,-: ,:c-ced da ,:cons? luVrz3i d Coun-
cil, Jno. G. Thomrasn , rC'b-:j'ce ac'll1i, Jno. n . SI0; , Walter Wl ,
Ward, Claud L. Sa ^-?, ; W, Nil, i. Tyn, Cis-
pher C. McBraye r, Wr -, i \7 ?:'9>i::, Frank1in P. u:unscker
13. What local p eacj rs ;,: o r:inlo deasol s? V rP o rand
Council, Elijah H . E arls, J;o . G iTL.r-0'a, Zebedee Fa Bli?, J o.
B. Isbell, Walter N. 'arld, Ls i. S--r d i. W Nai l,
Geo. E. Ryan, Chr sAto hce1' , ' r .ri :, i . .t ?; it lers) oo n,
Franklin P. Hunsuck er.
14. What traveling preachers re elected el der '? To"ber t M.
Dalton, Eugene B. Hawakl, Johnl W. -t-awir-s, WVam. Ar3ie Neiil,
Wm. Thomas Singley, Jin. :? .A cl:, ,, a [wde, \W . T
Kinslow, Geo, F. Kornegay, J. ,Laosth, 0. B. iTurner.
15. WVhat traveling prea-cers a:e I Iordi ed e lde rs T olbert
M. Dalton, Eugene B. Hawk, John T"'. i-t.1.wls, V-m . IArli.e Neel
Wm. Thomas Singley, Jno1 F, Adams; -V', M. BSowde , V/'. T. K ins-
low, Geo. F. Kornegay, 0, B. Turner,
16. What local preachers are elected elders? No:ne
17. What local preachers are orldai;ed elders? None.
18. Who are located this year? A. E. Turney, a t his own
19. Who are supernumerary? A. D. Living-ston, Geo. W.
Owens, J. R. B. Hall, T. W,. Ellis, Jno. F. Neal, W. H. Vaughan,
A. P. Lipscomb, R. J. Tooley, E. J. Maxwell, J. W. Dickinson.
20. Who are superannuated? Samuel Morriss, W. F. Graves,
E. M. Sweet, A. Long, C. Rowland W. V. Jones, R. W. Wellborn,
W. J. Lemons, H. M. Glass, J. A. Walkup, S. C. Littlepage, J. E.
Walker, J. M. Bond, F. M. Winburne, J. P. Mussett, E. T. Bates,
J. J. Canafax, W. K. Simpson, Jerome Haralson, B. A. Snoddy, W.
A. Gilleland, H. P. Shrader, G. W. Harris, I. F. Harris, W. F.
Lloyd, C. E. Gallagher, D. C. Ellis, W. C. Harris, J. C. Carter.
S. T. Cherry, E. F. Boone, E. B. Chenoweth, L. G. Rogers, D. C.
Stark, S. W. Turner, V. J. Millis, J. W. Montgomery, M. H.
Major, C. L. Browning, R. B. Young, W. H1. Crawford, J. M.
McCarter, I. Z. T. Morris, C. G. Shutt.
21. What preachers have died during the past year? Jerome
Duncan, Chas. E. Brown.
22. Are all the preachers blameless in their life and official
administration? Their names were called, one by one, and in
each case the answer was "nothing against him."
23. What is the number of local preachers and members
in the several circuits, stations, and missions of the Conference?
79,030 Members; 322 Local Preachers.
24. How many infants have been baptized during the year?
25. How many adults have been baptized during the year?
26. What is the number of Epworth Leagues? Senior Leagues
73; Junior Leagues 57, 130.
27. What is the number of Epworth League members? 5,183.
28. What is the number of Sunday Schools? 511.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Journal of the Central Texas Conference, Fourth Annual Session, Methodist Episcopal Church South, periodical, November 1913; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth49826/m1/37/: accessed July 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church.