Map of Texas from the most recent authorities. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Map of Texas from the most recent authorities.
Cartographer: Young, J. H. (James Hamilton).Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Map usually attributed to J.H. Young.
Name: Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.Place of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: "N.E. corner of Market & 7th Streets"
Name: Williams, C. S.Place of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: "Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1845, by C.S. Williams, in Clerk’s office of the district court of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- Creation: 1846
- Content Description: This map shows most of Texas with colored sections illustrating the counties. Some major cities, bodies of water, and geographic features are marked (with relief shown by hachures and spot heights). An inset in the lower left corner is labeled "Texas, north of Red River."
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 29 x 35 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas Panhandle (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oklahoma Panhandle (Okla.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: New Mexico -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas
- Keyword: counties
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Coverage Date: 1846
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Call Number: 125/2 00007
- Accession or Local Control No: UTA_835678
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth50216
- Display Note: Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington. From the Virginia Garrett Cartographic Collections.
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K