Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Texas
- Added Title Arkansas
- Added Title Indian Ty.
- Added Title Indian Territory
Cartographer: People's Publishing Co.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: "Engraved for the People's Publishing Co."
Name: People's Publishing Co.Place of Publication: Chicago, Illinois
- Content Description: This map shows the state of Texas and surrounding areas. The state is outlined in red and each county is labeled and outlined in green. The northern, panhandle section of Texas is removed from the rest of the state and depicted in an inset (lower left corner). Major cities, roads, bodies of water, and geographic features are marked (with relief shown by hachures). Additionally, the names and locations of some Indian tribes are noted. On the opposite side, Arkansas and Indian Territory (present-day Oklahoma) are drawn in the same way with Arkansas on the left half of the page and Indian Territory on the right. The panhandle portion of Indian Territory (labeled "Public Lands") is separated from the rest of the state and depicted in an inset (upper left corner). Each map includes the state's population and area beneath the title. Prime meridians: Greewich and Washington.
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : both sides, col. ; 30 x 42 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Arkansas -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oklahoma -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Oklahoma
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Arkansas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - American Indians
- Keyword: Indian Territory
- Keyword: Native American tribes
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: road maps
- Keyword: topographic maps
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Name: United States - Arkansas
- Place Name: United States - Oklahoma
- Time Period: new-sou
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Call Number: 127/6 00529
- Accession or Local Control No: UTA_970069
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth50364
- Display Note: In lower margin: 78, 79. From the Virginia Garrett Cartographic Collections.
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K