Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rail-Joint.
- Added Title Rail Joint.
Inventor: Free, AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Andrew Free, of Sulphur Bluff, Texas.
Witness: Griesbauer, Charles L.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Witness for illustration.
Witness: Ellis, L. G.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Witness for illustration.
Other: Coleman, Watson E.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Attorney.
Witness: Stubblefield, ForestContributor Type: Personal
Witness: Sanders, R. D.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1911-10-10
- Submission Date: 1911-03-11
- Acceptance Date: 1911-10-10
- Content Description: Patent for the addition of interlocking extensions onto the ends of railway joints. The interlocking extensions make bolts and nuts unnecessary and provide a snug fit, which eliminates both lateral and longitudinal movement.
- Physical Description: , 2 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- Keyword: rail joints
- Keyword: rail-joints
- Keyword: interlocking
- Keyword: extensions
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Hopkins County - Sulphur Bluff
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 1005529
- Government Documents No.: 02/613725
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth512916