Automatic Railway-Switch. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Automatic Railway-Switch.
- Added Title Automatic Railway Switch.
Inventor: Wilson, James NewtonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: James Newton Wilson, of Basin Springs, Texas.
Witness: Craven, W. S.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Omohundro, W. H.Contributor Type: Personal
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The Norris Peters Co., Photo-Lithographer, Washington, D. C.
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1901-06-25
- Acceptance Date: 1901-06-25
- Content Description: Patent for a railway-switch by enabling the switch operate automatically when a train is passing by. Illustration is included.
- Physical Description: , 4 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads - Trains
- Keyword: switch-stands
- Keyword: mechanical interaction
- Keyword: switch-actuating
- Keyword: perpendicular swings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Grayson County - Basin Springs
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 677007
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth513992
- Display Note: Application filed November 28, 1900. Serial No. 38,032. (No model.)