Jewish Herald-Voice (Houston, Tex.), Vol. 101, No. 31, Ed. 1 Thursday, October 22, 2009 Page: 4 of 36
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
October 22, 2009
Vote early - at your convenience!
Registered voters are eligible to take advantage of early voting, Oct. 19 to 25, at any one of 30 locations throughout Harris County. It is estimated that 25 percent
to 30 percent of voters cast their ballot during this two-week period, because they find the schedule much more accommodating than voting on a single day.
Early voting hours:
Oct. 19 - Oct. 23, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Oct. 24-7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Oct. 25-1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Oct. 26-30 - 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Early voting locations:
Inside Loop 610:
• Main Office: Harris County Administration Bldg.
1001 Preston, 1st Floor, 77002
• Moody Park: Moody Park Community Center
3725 Fulton, 77009
• Kashmere: Julia C. Hester House
2020 Solo St., 77020
• Downtown-East: Ripley House
4410 Navigation Blvd., 77011
• Southeast Houston: H.C.C.S. Southeast College,
6815 Rustic, 77087
• Palm Center: Justice of the Peace/Constable Entry
5300 Griggs Road, 77021
• Reliant Park area: Fiesta Mart, Inc.
8130 Kirby Drive, 77054
• Neartown: Metropolitan Mutli-Service Center
1475 W. Gray, 77019
Outside Loop 610:
• Northeast Houston: Northeast Multi-Service Center
9720 Spaulding, 77016
• Galena Park: Galena Park Branch Library
1500 Keene Street, Galena Park, 77547
• Hobby Airport area: I.B.E.W. Hall #66
4345 Allen Genoa Road, Pasadena, 77504
• Sunnyside: Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
4605 Wilmington, 77051
• S. Main area: The Power Center
12401 South Post Oak Road, 77045
• S.W. Houston: Bayland Park Community Center
6400 Bissonnet (near Hillcroft), 77074
• Near Westside: Tracy Gee Community Center
3599 Westcenter Drive, 77042
(One block East of Sam Houston Tollway)
• Spring Branch: Trini Mendenhall Sosa Comm. Center
1414 Wirt Road, 77055
• Acres Homes: Acres Homes Multi-Service Center
6719 W. Montgomery Road, 77091
• North: Hardy Senior Center
11901 West Hardy Road, 77076
• Humble: Octavia Fields Branch Library
1503 South Houston Ave., Humble, 77338
• Kingwood: Humble ISD Instructional Support Ctr.
4810 Magnolia Cove, Kingwood, 77345
• Wallisville Road: North Channel Branch Library
15741 Wallisville Road, 77049
• Baytown: Baytown Community Center
2407 Market Street, Baytown, 77520
• Pasadena: East Harris County Activity Ctr.
7340 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, 77505
• Clear Lake: Freeman Branch Library
16616 Diana Lane, 77062
• Alief: Henington-Alief Regional Library
7979 South Kirkwood, 77072
• West Houston: Lac Hong Square
6628 Wilcrest Dr., 77072
• Far West Houston: Courtyard by Marriott
12401 Katy Freeway, 77079
• Far West/Katy: Franz Road Storefront
19818 Franz Road, Katy, 77449
• Bear Creek: Bear Creek Park Community Center
3055 Bear Creek Dr. at Patterson Rd., 77084
• Jersey Village: City of Jersey Village-City Hall
16327 Lakeview Drive, Jersey Village, 77040
• Tomball: Tomball Public Works Building
501 B James St., Tomball, 77375
• Cypress Creek: Barbara Bush Branch Library
6817 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, 77379
• Far North: Ponderosa Fire Station No. 1
17061 Rolling Creek Drive, 77090
• Cypress: Cypress Top Park
26026 Hempstead Hwy., Cypress, 77429
• George Bush Park: Glen Cheek Education Bldg.
16002 Westheimer Pky., 77082
• Lone Star College: Willowchase Campus
9449 Grant Road, 77070
HOUSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Know the Facts
about the HCC Service Plan for the Spring Branch Community
FACT: HCC has been partnering and investing in the Spring Branch community since 1986.
FACT: Over 6,300 Spring Branch residents petitioned to vote to be annexed by the
HCC District. Spring Branch residents will vote for or against annexation on
FACT: HCC s current tax rate of $.09243 per $100 of assessed home value is
the lowest among all area community colleges.
FACT: 100% of the property tax dollars from Spring Branch annexation will
be used in Spring Branch.
FACT: Residents over 65 will receive a $100,000 property tax exemption in
addition to the 10% homestead exemption.
FACT: Any tax increase by HCC over the statutory limit is subject to voter
approval through a rollback tax election.
FACT: HCC improved efficiencies by $4.5 million to enable a property tax
rate reduction lot 2008 and 2009.
FACT: Spring Branch residents will be represented on the HCC Board of Trustees.
FACT: Spring Branch residents will receive a 50% reduction in HCC tuition.
FACT: HCC offers a general fee waiver for adults over 55, which is $10 per
FACT: HCC expects to offer expanded workforce programs, including health
FACT: Tuition for Dual Credit classes for high school students will be FREE,
enabling students to take college classes early.
FACT: HCC will commit initial funding of $50 million to begin the Spring Branch
Campus redevelopment projects.
To learn more about the HCC Spring Branch Service Plan, visit hccs.edu
or call 713.718.5756.
• Crosby: Crosby ISD Administration Building
706 Runneburg Rd., Crosby, 77532
Fonn Villas • Memorial
Fonn Villas • Memorial
J6§SS®£l,MSmII, IRHFMiSiiiB 4 BffiSiwW 1 3 Bai?
iWsp Srn§§»V?®! ftET®8 • GoumRjfrtM
1823 W.141/2 Street
2MHKOMSH2 ■IlMwf baH
Srt Miifeis, Uhls Assrl
Vote November 3 to Elect C. “Brad”
Houston City Council
At-Large Position #4
(713) 882-0404 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pol. Adv. Paid for by the C.O. Bradford Campaign, Alan Rosen, Treasurer.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Newspaper.
Samuels, Jeanne F. Jewish Herald-Voice (Houston, Tex.), Vol. 101, No. 31, Ed. 1 Thursday, October 22, 2009, newspaper, October 22, 2009; Houston, Texas. (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth544111/m1/4/: accessed May 26, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; .