[Postcard of Hotel Lamar] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Postcard of Hotel Lamar]
- Content Description: Postcard of an 11 story brick building with white, yellow, and green accents, described as "Hotel Lamar - Meridian, Miss. An Affiliated National Hotel." The back of the postcard adds, "Meridian's predominant hotel. 200 modernly appointed guest rooms with baths and circulating ice-water. Excellent, New Air-Conditioned Coffee Shop attractively designed in a Spanish motif... famed for fine cuisine. Spacious, new meeting rooms suitable for conventions or groups." The message on the back reads, "Here - Mathew and I spent Monday night Sept. 29th 1941 at this hotel and our may car ride Baltimore Mod. to Beaumont, Texas."
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : col. ; 14 x 9 cm
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Travel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Mississippi - Lauderdale County - Meridian
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: McFaddin-Ward House MuseumCode: MFWHM
- Accession or Local Control No: MFWHM_1988-11-0505
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth562092