[Postcard of Aerial View of Marshall College] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Postcard of Aerial View of Marshall College]
- Creation: 1946-04-13
- Content Description: Postcard of a campus of red buildings surrounded by neighboring houses. The postcard is further described on the back as "John Marshall (1755-1835) - Revolutionary Captain, Member of Congress 1799, Secretary of State 1800, Chief Justice - Supreme Court 1801-1835. Marshall College named for Chief Justice in 1837. The Oldest College located in West Virginia's largest city." The message on the back is illegible. The postcard is addressed to "Mrs. Carroll E. Ward 1906 McFaddin Ave. Beaumont, Texas."
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : col. ; 9 x 14 cm
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Travel
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - West Virginia - Cabell County - Huntington
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: McFaddin-Ward House MuseumCode: MFWHM
- Accession or Local Control No: MFWHM_1988-11-0517
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth562669