Brownwood Harvey House, Historic Plaque Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Brownwood Harvey House, Historic Plaque
Photographer: Belden, Dreanna L.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2005-08-01
- Digitized: 2005-08-12
- Content Description: Photograph of a historic plaque for the Brownwood Harvey House. It says: "Built in 1914 immediately east of Brownwood Sante Fe railroad depot, this was one of a series of restaurants operated along the Santa Fe line by the Fred Harvey Company, products of railroad agent Fred Harvey's idea to provide superior food and lodging for travelers. The Harvey House was popular from its opening day. The restaurant and hotel closed in 1937, but reopened to serve military personnel when Camp Bowie was established in World War II. It closed permanently in 1945 as passenger railroad travel declined in the era of prosperity following the war. Typical of railroad structures built in the southwest during this period by the Atchison, Topeka & Sante Fe Railroad, the structure features elements of Spanish mission revival style with its red tile hipped roof and decorative brackets." There is another plaque above the historic marker, which says: "Santa Fe Railroad Harvey House has been listed in the national register of historic places by the United States Department of the Interior. 1976."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Restaurants
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks - Historic Markers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Brown County - Brownwood
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Brown County - Brownwood
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2005-08-01
- Place Point: north=31.716778009814295; east=-98.97975499999995;
Name: Photographing TexasCode: TP
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Accession or Local Control No: dscn0800