[Letter from J. W. Hodges to D. C. Giddings - September 28, 1877] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from J. W. Hodges to D. C. Giddings - September 28, 1877]
- Series Title J. D. Giddings Collection
Correspondent: Hodges, J. W.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1877-09-28
- Content Description: Letter from J. W. Hodges to Col. D. C. Giddings. Discusses how the citizens of Georgetown are making an effort to raise money for Mood's home and expresses appreciation for Giddings' interest in making a contribution.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 21 x 13 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Education, Higher -- Texas -- History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Southwestern University (Georgetown, Tex.) -- History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Georgetown (Tex.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Giddings, D. C. (Dewitt Clinton), 1827-1903 -- Correspondence.
- Named Person: Giddings, Dewitt Clinton
- Named Person: Hodges, J. W.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - Southwestern University
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: new-sou
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Williamson County - Georgetown
Name: Southwestern University Archival CollectionsCode: SUDHRC
Name: Southwestern UniversityCode: SOUTHUN
- Rights Statement: Available for research use; permission needed for publication.
- Accession or Local Control No: Giddings-Box1-Folder2-1877-09-28-Georgetown-SM
- OCLC: 898041182
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth595133
- Display Note: Funded in part by the Institute of Museum & Library Services and the Texas State Library & Archives Commission (2015).