[Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his Parents, January 1, 1944] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his Parents, January 1, 1944]
Author: Willis, John Todd, Jr.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1944-01-01
- Content Description: Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his parents Clara and John T. Willis, Sr. on January 1, 1944. He thinks back about believing the war would be over soon when he joined the army, and hopes it will end this year. He also asks for more pecans.
- Physical Description: 1 p. ; 14 x 11 cm., folded to 9 x 11 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Named Person: Willis, John Todd, Jr.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War II
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: V-mail.
- Named Person: Willis, Clara Evans
- Named Person: Willis, John T., Sr.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1944-01
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Texas - McLennan County - Waco
- Place Name: Italy
Name: T. B. Willis Photograph CollectionCode: TBWP
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: Private Collection of T. B. WillisCode: PTBW
- Accession or Local Control No: PTBW_490
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth599552